Sunday 3 April 2011

Open thread - Sunday

I discovered Mafalda, her family and friends when I was a teenager. The cartoon strips first appeared in an Argentinian newspaper and were later collected in a series of books. They are the creation of Quino, an extraordinary observer of people who has some good humoured insights into their behaviour.

Mafalda's little brother Guille (Billy) is one of my favourite characters, so I'll share some of his moments with you.







[©Quino]


The cartoon strips have a very political flavour and you'd fall in love with Mafalda and her friends.




There are other books on different subjects, but they're Spanish editions.

(Please click on the images to enlarge)

***

I'm going to add the eagle webcam to every post until you tell me to stop!


Streaming live video by Ustream