Tuesday 12 April 2011

Sarah Palin's Memory Lapses Regarding Trig's Place of Birth

As promised, here's another Babygate post, this time highlighting Sarah Palin's feeble memory.

Sarah Palin, 7 months pregnant (March 14, 2008)

In 2009, Sarah Palin wrote these passages in her book Going Rogue:

Later that afternoon we entered a packed house at the energy conference, where I’d speak on the urgent need to tap conventional supplies and innovate on stabilizing renewable sources.

Sarah Palin goes on to describe her speech, saying that she had contractions when she told a joke:

Big laughs. More contractions.

Then I introduced everybody to Todd, Alaska's "First Dude," who, instead of sitting at the head of the table, was standing at the back of the hall, giving me the "get on with it, let's keep it short this time" look and practically holding the door open for our quick exit to the airport.

The audience graciously gave me a standing ovation. Then I handed the mic back to Rick and walked off the stage.

"Hey," Rick drawled over the sound system with a chuckle, "we're not finished with the program!"

I turned around, smiled, waved, and kept moving. "I know you're pregnant," Rick said, joking into the mic.

"But don't tell me you're going off to have the baby right now!" The audience laughed. I smiled and waved good-bye.

I thought, if you only knew! I reached Todd at the exit, and he eyed me with a grin, "Love this state, but we can't have a fish picker born in Texas."

Many hours and two plane flights later, with Todd and our daughters nearby, I delivered Trig Paxson Van Palin into the world at Mat-Su Regional Medical Center.

Between writing the book and giving a speech in September 2010, Sarah Palin remembered some of the humorous aspects of her labour with Trig, but a certain detail slipped her mind:



The hospital in Anchorage is 43 minutes away from the one in Palmer. I expect Sarah Palin knows the area quite well.


I asked this question before: Is Sarah Palin's amnesia a cause for concern?